Bill Scarafia Memorial Scholarship
The Newtowne Players’ William E. Scarafia Memorial Scholarship was established to support students as they continue their education beyond high school. The $500 scholarship is provided to graduating high school seniors.
Applications for the scholarship are submitted through the BECA Common Application.
- be a graduating senior from a St. Mary’s County or Calvert County public or private high school or home school
- be a resident of St. Mary’s or Calvert County
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- have an intention to major, minor, or be actively involved in the arts, including, but not limited to acting, arts education, dance, music, performance, theatre arts, design/tech, or writing
- have participated in the performing arts in some capacity
- be accepted to a two- or four- year college level program at an accredited institution
- May not have received this award previously
Note: Students with relatives who are members of The Newtowne Players, or members of the NTP Board may apply; however, the student will be judged solely on his/her merits, and the relative shall not participate in any way on the selection of scholarship recipients
- Applications for the scholarship are submitted through the BECA Common Application.
- The Mission of The Newtowne Players is to promote all aspects of the performing arts. As such, we seek to further volunteerism and education in this arena. Thus, applications will be considered with respect to past or present involvement in the performing arts and community service. Participation in any aspect of NTP productions will be given additional consideration.
- A committee consisting of members of the The Newtowne Players, Inc. will review applications. This committee will make the final decisions. One or more alternates may be named in the event that a winner does not utilize the award.
The Newtowne Players, Inc., does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, culture, age, gender, physical disability, or sexual orientation.